The FEC Railway is again graciously allowing us to award two seats on the 2013 Toys for Tots Christmas train. We owe a huge thanks to FEC President Jim Hertwig for making this available to our members!
The winners will board the FEC business train in Bowden Yard, and ride the length of the line along with Santa, Mrs. Claus, the elves, and the FEC employees. The train is tentatively scheduled for December 14th, 2013.
The following day the winners will board Amtrak in Miami for a return to Jacksonville via different rails.
The primary goal of this event is to raise money to help the US Marines Toys for Tots program, which helps to make sure that no child is left without a toy at Christmas. In addition, we hope the publicity will help to bring even more people in as members of our great group.
Here are the details of the raffle:
· 2 Winners, each allowed one guest.
· Tickets for the raffle are $25/each, or 5 for $100.
· Payments for tickets will be made to FECRS. Please note that your tickets are not tax deductible, since you’re attempting to win something of value.
· The winners will be responsible for their own travel to and from Jacksonville’s Bowden Yard.
· FEC will deliver them to Hialeah Yard via the 2013 Christmas Train
· FECRS will arrange a hotel room for each winner in Miami for the night, and arrange transportation to the hotel.
· FECRS will purchase a return ticket to Jacksonville on Amtrak for the next day and will arrange transportation from the Amtrak Station back to Bowden Yard for the winners to retrieve their vehicles.
All riders must:
· be at least 18
· be capable of easily boarding and deboarding the train without assistance
· assist onboard for preparation and on the ground at each stop
· adhere to stated dress code
· arrive in Bowden yard by 0700 on the morning of departure
All expenses directly related to running the raffle will be deducted from the total value of tickets purchased and the balance will be sent as a Donation to Toys for Tots via the FEC Railway.
To keep expenses to a minimum, each entry will be assigned an entry number, and the entrant will be emailed their entry numbers.
Any entrant that does not have an email address will be contacted via phone or US Mail to advise their entry number(s).
To help people that may want to budget their ticket purchases, we can arrange for payments 5-ticket purchases to be spread. Please contact the treasurer, Jim Kovalsky, at Treasurer@FECRS.com, or by phone 561-972-8546 for details.
What could be a better railfan trip in Florida than to loop the state using BOTH FEC and CSX rails? Here’s your chance!
Sign me up!
State: _________ Zip: __________________
I would like _____ Single tickets at $25 ea
I would like _____ 5-Ticket packs at $100 ea
Mail to: FECRS
16095 130th Way N
Jupiter FL 33478-6502
Fax to 561-348-2145, or email above info to
Payment via check, money order, or Paypal.
Online ticket entry:www.FECRS